What is this thony thing? It is...durian

Durian is King of fruits thoughout Malaysia, Asian country as well.

Last week, i bought a durian worth RM7.00 and i have enjoyed this wonderful experience of durian feasts with my friends.


wow.....quite difficult to open the durian
Just taking durian with your fingers...it will taste better!



This durian has pleasant taste and aroma. I like the taste very much because it got two taste for different sides. One side was sweet, the other side was bitter taste. For me, i would prefer bitter taste because it is nice just like a coffee and ice cream. This is the special durian that i had ever taste before. Every durian tastes slighly different, this might different durian tree has their own gen consisting different taste. It can have sweet, bittersweet, bitter or even different tastes.
Some people hate about the durian taste and aroma in the first time taking; but after a few times taking durian, you sure will love it.



Still got one more.....reserved by ME. Hahaaa

If you come to Malaysia during Durian season, must go to taste durian. You can get durian in everywhere in Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor and elsewhere. If you are in Kuala Lumpur, just go to SS2 to taste good durian there.


WAIT.......I always treat my reader nice. Alright, this durian special for you. Enjoy ya :-)












20 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard from quite a few people that those things taste delicious. They look really, really gross though.

Anonymous said...

I'll be in Malaysia for the month of July. Is that in season for Drians? I'll definitely try one on this visit!

DineometerDeb said...

I must try durian one of these days even though many people in the US think that it does not smell or taste good.

[G@ttoGiallo] said...

I liked its taste since the first time, in Paris, but it was even better just on the road in Bali...

Anonymous said...

Never heard of it. Thanks, I like learning new things. Maybe I will get to try one someday!

Rozella said...

I love durians!

Anonymous said...

I like you site - very informative, I have never heard of the Duran fruit Duran Duran yes. Speaking of that saw then in concert last month.
The fruit however is not very attractive looking, but you said the taste is good so I guess that is ok.

Anonymous said...

I like you site - very informative, I have never heard of the Duran fruit Duran Duran yes. Speaking of that saw then in concert last month.
The fruit however is not very attractive looking, but you said the taste is good so I guess that is ok.

mjsterling said...

grrrr thats yummy! oh gosh I really miss that fruit..I wish I can find an Asian store here in our area that selling durian.Anyway have a wonderful day!

November Princess said...

To baldeagle,

yeah! welcome to Malaysia.
Durian season is always around june/july. You must try this when you are in Malaysia.

Enjoy your journey!

Anonymous said...

emmmmm I'm really love durian ... miss malaysian durian!!!

Iris said...

I love Durian, My friends hate them because it stinks. But i never care of the smell i love the taste. I looked at the prices her in new zealand and it's too expensive, mind you back in the Philippines its pricey too because it seasonal.

Tink said...

There's a market not too far from here, where they sell them. Crazy as I am about fruits I had to taste. Very yummy!!!

Trix said...

Thanks!!! I shall definatly get hold of some durian if ever I visit Malaysia...cant wait,yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Now RM5.00-RM8.00 per/kg.

speak in doodles said...

Ever had durian filled bun? Me thinks you will like^_^
cute cartoons for your soul

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this fruit - we probably don't get it here in Canada except perhaps in specialty stores. Sounds and looks interesting.

What caught my eye was that the outside of the fruit looks quite a bit like a Datura plants seed pod (Datura is poisonous but has lovely huge flowers).

Here's a link to a picture of a datura seed pod on my gardening blog so you can see what I mean:

http://feverishthoughts.com/garden/2007/10/13/datura-is-smelly-in-a-few-ways/

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Never have I seen anything like that!

MWinBiz said...

i also like this fruit..
last week i went home and eat a lot of durians.. very tasty.. to all who didn't test this fruit yet.. Come to Malaysia or buy want and try it first. I'm sure you will eat again after your 1st try..
:D

regard,
MWinBiz
http://mwinbiz.blogspot.com